Okay, so technically, this is not mushroom tea.
It is kombucha. At least, it was kombucha when it was given to me 10 days ago.
During the last 10 days, I have greeted my kombucha every morning, turned the kombucha jar this way and that at lunch time, squinted at it again in the evening.
I was told to look for bubbles, a kind of fizzing and a new layer to the SCOBY (that is the mushroom that really isn’t a mushroom). That sounds easy. But in my mind, I was expecting to a lot more bubbly and a lot more fizzy.
I don’t know what I’m doing. I need some mushroom tea, I mean kombucha, experts.
I need to ask questions like:
Is it ready to drink now?
-Why do I want to drink this stuff again?
-Did I let it go too long?
-If I let it go too long, did I ruin it?
-And why do I want to drink this stuff again?
-Is there any possible way that someone who doesn’t know what she is doing (like me) could possibly, maybe, hypothetically-speaking, turn this stuff into poison that will dissolve one’s organs if she drinks it?
-Should I test it on the kids first?
These are the questions I ponder.